Tuesday 7 June 2011

The Tipping the Scales Point

The scales;  Our best friend and also our worst enemy.  Today's card is chosen from the beautiful Psy-Card oracle deck. This card stands for justice, balance and moderation. Ah - moderation - what we should all be doing with chocolate and wine and all those other high Fat Pill value items.

My scales gave me a fright this morning.  When hubby got up early this morning I got up just to weigh, stepped on the scales and they showed a gain. I stood on and off them several times, and it was definitely a gain.  I couldn't believe it, an SP (Sneaky Peek) two days earlier had shown a loss. So I went back to bed worrying about having to post this to my Foxy Flower team-mates in the weight loss competition and feeling that I had really let them down.

Two hours later I got up and stepped on again. This time they showed a 1lb loss. This was more what I had expected.

I think that two hours previously I was probably holding some of the 3 litres of water I had drunk the day before.  As I'm only a virtual Tubby Towner, on-line only, I can choose my weigh-in time - but imagine people who go to a Tubby town meeting and have just that one opportunity each week to check their progress.  And at that very moment that you step on your scales, your body might be holding water or feeling bloated and so shows a gain rather than the loss you deserve. That must be so disheartening.

So, some advice from the cards about this. The Psy-card Scales are also about fairness - in our case it's unfair that the scales aren't registering the loss we deserve and that our looser clothes tell us we have.  The message from the Psy-cards is that there is justice which in time makes things right, and what we should do is be patient for these natural laws to operate.  All things balance out, and the loss that isn't showing this week will show next.

Good Luck to everyone else who has a date with their Scales today.

No comments:

Post a Comment