Sunday 19 June 2011

Dear Maureen....

Today's card is dedicated to the Tubby Town website, courtesy of the traditional RWS (Rider-Waite-Smith) deck which, for me, has the best imagery for the website this week.  It's the 'you're f**ked' card, and that pretty well describes the Tubby Town website this week.

In Tubby Town there is a website where you can enter how many Fat Pills you eat and drink each day and the website will add it up for you and keep a running total of how many Fat Pills you've used and how many you've got left. it's a very valuable tool.

Well, this week the website kept refusing to save my data and kept losing it.  I complained and the Tubby Town computer geeks kept sending me different fixes to try, none of which worked. By Friday I had pretty well lost track of where I was Fat Pills-wise. When I logged in on Friday morning it wouldn't let me go onto the site until I had deleted all my Fat Pills data that hadn't come from their own Tubby Town database. Thinking this was a clean-up to solve my 'save' problem I duly did so and is it then obliterated all said data - including stuff it had previously saved. When I finally logged in I found out that everyone in Tubby town had been forced to do this.  Apparently a technological melt-down.

But even more idiotically, they couldn't retrieve people's data. Hard to believe in this day and age that they don't do site back-ups or had no way of getting it back. So, they sent me an apology e-mail addressed to "Dear Maureen...."  That just rounded it off really, my name isn't Maureen.

No comments:

Post a Comment