Tuesday 28 June 2011

Guilt!

Today's card found me when I was looking for a flower image to put on my Tubby Town profile. As I explained in an earlier post we've got a little team competition going on weight loss, known as a 'Challenge' in Tubby Town-speak and I'm in the Fabulous Foxy Flowers team and needed to find a pretty fuchsia coloured flower for my profile pic.  We've all changed our pics to represent the team flower.

As the Tarot Dieter I wanted to find a tarot card with a Foxy Flower on it, so I went to Google images and lo and behold this card leaped out at me.  It's from the beautiful Dreaming in Color oracle deck by Mindy Sommers and, very appropriately, is labelled (and represents) Guilt.

That's me at the moment. I've been a very bad dieter these past two weeks and haven't lost anything since the first week of the Challenge. And I know I've let my fellow Foxy Flower teamies down.  And we have been beaten by the Sleepy Sunnies for the last two weeks and I do feel Guilty for my contribution to that.  Even though the tarot predicted it a couple of weeks ago (see 5 June 'Well done' post), forewarned hasn't been forearmed in my case.

This card - Guilt - is the perfect dieter's card. Dieting is, after all, all about Guilt and eating (and drinking) what you're not supposed to.  Guilt is one of the dieter's best friends (and sometimes worst enemy).

So I am going to pull a tarot card for the Foxy Flowers this week to give some guidance and insight as to how we might do this coming week.  I 'm going to use my new (and as yet unused) Tarot of the Sidhe (pronounced Shee), created by the very lovely Emily Carding.  Sidhe are magickal beings and are often referred to as faeries.  Given that we want to be as light as faeries, this seemed to be a good deck to guide us.

Our card is Dreamer Seven.  This is a card about subterfuge, secrets and cunning.  This is the message for us Foxies - don't kid yourself.....crumbs do contain Fat Pills.....children's leftovers do have to be counted in your daily intake....that chocolate will make a difference.

And we all do it, don't we?  We think that if we don't include it in our Fat Pills no-one will notice. But of course the scales do.  So, lovely Foxies - the message this week is that we should all be honest with ourselves.  Even if we do have too many Fat Pills, we should account for them and face up to what we are doing.  There is a moon in the background of this card which is often a symbol of delusion. We shouldn't delude ourselves, which is what I've certainly being doing this past couple of weeks.  Peanuts in the pub and not bothering to count the Fat Pills because "It was only a few...".   Forgetting that last glass of wine.  Just one biscuit won't hurt.

So this little fuchsia is going to turn over a new leaf this week.  Literally.  Good luck to all the other Foxy Flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment