Sunday 22 May 2011

Back to Track

After a good start at the beginning of the week I have just fallen apart diet-wise.  Too much wine on Friday and a night out last night and I've just about blown my Fat Pills allowance for the rest of the week.  So, lovely tarot can you help me get back on track please. Today's guest deck is the Universal Waite, one of the first tarot decks I bought.

The first card I drew is The World, and what very good guidance this is.  This card represents the end of a phase in one's life and the threshold of a new one. In Tubby Town terms, this is the equivalent of drawing a line under the damage done and crossing over it. This is well illustrated by the card, where the figure is standing poised in front of the wreath - which represents the line - ready to cross over.

I then drew a second card for more guidance - The Knight of Swords.  This is me coming off track, foolhardy and rushing in headlong without thinking.  Ignoring my inner voice which is telling me to stop now, but - like the Knight - I don't.  Ignoring the consequences I pour myself another glass and eat another crisp.  Swords in tarot  represent intellect and rational thought, and for a fairly intelligent person I can be very unintelligent about dieting sometimes, especially when wine and crisps are involved.  And I know that I'll pay for this weekend on the scales on Tuesday.

All I can do now is follow The World and step over the line and embrace a new beginning today. What's done is done. Don't look back, don't make it worse, just move on and start afresh today.  Wishing myself luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment