Sunday 8 May 2011

It's Comforting

Today I am comfort eating. I know I am, I'm not hungry - if anything I feel a bit bloated - but I just can't stop myself.  After a slightly upsetting little event (nothing serious), I am consoling myself with food. I know it's comfort eating by what I'm fancying - chocolate ice cream, pizza, wine.  I rarely eat things like this (nothwithstanding the wine of course).

It's only lunchtime and I've eaten 12 Fat Pills already.  I need to stop and now as I've got no spare 'weeklies' left to cover any over-indulgences.

I am struggling, so I consulted the cards for advice.  The deck I'm using today is my favourite Tarot of Ceremonial Magick.  This deck always gives me very, very strong, powerful readings - and I need all the strength I can get today.

The card I drew (randomly of course) - the Queen of Cups - corresponds with the zodiac sign of Cancer; she represents a very loving, romantic, emotional woman. A very kind, caring person.  Think Princess Diana - both strengths and weaknesses - and that's the Queen of Cups.

So, the cards are telling me to get control back of my emotions (Queens are generally in control in some way).  So, I need to get control of what I am feeling in order to stop the comfort eating.  As long as what I'm upset about remains a problem in my eyes, then the eating will continue. So, tackle the root cause and the eating will resolve itself.

This little problem isn't insurmountable. I can't change what happened so I need to just get over it as they say.  And it certainly isn't worth gaining tubbies over at my next weigh in.  The comfort eating isn't even making me feel better, so I need to replace it something that does.

***Light Bulb Moment!***

Yesterday I bought some new make-up which, in the event, I didn't get to use. So - I think I'll go and put some of it on now as I'm going out with friends this afternoon. The new make-up will make me feel better in myself, and will also keep my itchy little fingers out of the fridge.

Queen of Cups (or queen of something) here I come!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete