Monday 17 January 2011

Boredom

Today I am bored.  That's fatal for a dieter.  That's a road that leads to snacking city.  I've got lots to do but don't feel like doing any of it.

What guidance from the cards?  Today I was drawn to a deck that I don't use but that seems to reflect my mood - the Mandala Astrological tarot deck.

My card for today:  The Princess of Swords.

This card can be about cutting through the crap, clearing out the old so that things can be seen clearly.  I have been getting this card a lot recently, even when reading for other people and I think it's trying to tell me something.  My tarot friends sensed a need for me to get rid of something, a need to change in some way. 

The Princess often means a sweeping change.  Well, this is true - the diet has done that.  I'm eating lots of fruit and my wine bill has shrank considerably.

So if I've made changes already, why get this card today?  A reminder to keep up the good work perhaps?  Not to slip back to old ways, especially as it's weigh day tomorrow and I don't want the scales quiver in fear as I approach.

Then I was drawn to look for a more inspiring Princess of Swords image, and so selected the one from the Golden Dawn Ritual tarot.  Aha! So this is the real message perhaps.  Is this me when I've lost a bit more weight perhaps?  Ok, dream on.......

No comments:

Post a Comment