Thursday 16 September 2010

What You Gonna Call - Diet-Busters!

Almost the end of Day 4 and still on target. 

But I will be falling off the wagon and bouncing down the bumpy road to fatness Friday (tomorrow) evening and Saturday as it's my party weekend.  But hopefully back on track on Sunday, plus my efforts so far this week will limit the damage and I'm hoping for at least a small weight loss on Monday to start my diet ball rolling.

Today's tarot dieting tip comes courtesy of The Modern-Medieval tarot deck. I used this deck for a reading for the first time yesterday and the cards spoke to me very well, so I thought I'd use them on here today.

Today's random card is the 7 of Staves:
In this card the seven maces are battering a shield knocking the holder backwards.  This is a less common depiction for this card, where usually the person is atop a hill and in control, fighting off the advancing staves (sometimes calls rods,wands or batons).  In our picture here the person is being knocked over by them.

The interpretation for our card shown here is one of opposition, obstruction, others getting in the way or failing to help. 

This brings to mind those diet-busters who say "You don't need to lose any more weight...." even though you'd be happier a stone lighter. They mean well, but it's not very encouraging, is it?

Even worse are the diet-busters who buy you cakes or chocolate even when they know you're counting points.

I had lunch with a friend today - well, it was a lunchtime drink really.  The pub menu was my potential diet-buster.  I was a bit hungry and it looked really yummy but there was nothing diet-friendly so I had a glass of wine (ok - it was a glass and a half actually) and decided to wait until later to eat something.  My friend was hungry so we bought a large packet of crisps.  Usually we would open it out on the table to share. But when I told him I was dieting he kindly opened the top and just ate them to himself.  I asked for a couple - which I had and enjoyed - because everyone knows the odd crisp or two out of someone else's packet doesn't have any calories, right?  Wrong - but as long as you can stop at one or two (literally) then turn a blind eye and enjoy the treat!  We're only human.

So I resisted a diet-busting moment today and when I got home mid-afternoon I ate a low calorie soup (very large bowl of) and a piece of toast. Perfect!  I've now got enough points left for a yummy dinner tonight - I'm going to make a low-cal Thai prawn green curry with rice and I'll still have some points left over to compensate for my fat party weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment